With an Equine Specialist in Mental Health & Learning Workshop & Certification on June 24 – 27, 2021
This is a Thursday through Sunday workshop.
The Equine Specialist workshop is a three-day workshop offered to equine professionals and therapeutic riding instructors who work or would like to work with students with mental health and/or learning issues. The workshop also benefits those who work with mental health or education professionals, helping to enhance cooperation and provide a more complete experience.
This workshop will give an overview of Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH Intl.) standards and core values, and provide overviews of EFL and EFP programs and examples of what EFL or EFP sessions will look like. In addition, ES workshops will detail the role the equine specialist is meant to play in a session, offer lesson roleplays and hands-on experience, and discuss the therapy and education teams and the importance of the equine professional’s role in maintaining the safety of all in the team – particularly the equine partner.
Equine Specialists should be able to:
- Create and maintain a therapeutic and educational environment for all participants.
- Understand how to maintain PATH Intl./EFMHA standards, including the care, management and humane treatment of the equine.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all equines participating in EFL/EFP sessions, and serve as the equine expert during all equine/human interactions.
- Collaborate with all members of the team (mental health professionals, educators, volunteers and equines) to meet the goals of the client’s treatment plan or individual education plan.
- Assist in designing appropriate exercises for clients based on their IEP or mental health treatment plan.
Pre-Requisites to attend are:
● Age 21 or older
● Current PATH Intl. individual member
● Equestrian skills on the flat in English or Western tack comparable to those described in Pony
Club C or CHA Level I
● Familiarity with PATH Intl. Standards and PATH Intl. Code of Ethics, and/or a PATH Intl. Certified
Therapeutic Riding Instructor
You can find further information on the registration forms.